For the past six or so months I haver been slowly inching towards finishing the Victorian Literature Challenge 2011. I was participating under the “Great Expectations” participation level of where the challenge was to read five-nine books from the Victorian era. The first six books I finished with extreme swiftness but the last three took more time than I had anticipated because of my new job and everything else.
Anyhow, I have finally managed to finish the challenge. Thanks to Bethany of Subtle Melodrama for hosting this challenge! I enjoyed participating in it very much!
1. Under the Red Robe. Stanley J. Weyman.
2. The Diary of a Nobody. George Grossmith.
3. The Country of the Pointed Firs. Sarah Orne Jewett.
4. Mrs Lirriper’s Lodgings. Charles Dickens.
5. Mrs. Lirriper’s Legacy. Charles Dickens.
6. Sailors Knots. W. W. Jacobs.
7. The Phantom Coach and Other Stories. Amelia B. Edwards.
8. Spinning-Wheel Stories. Louisa May Alcott.