This week’s Booking Through Thursday asks:
“1. What do you think of reading aloud/being read to? Does it bring back memories of your childhood? Your children’s childhood?
2. Does this affect the way you feel about audio books?
3. Do you now have times when you read aloud or are read to?”
1. When I think of reading aloud, especially being read to, it reminds me of my childhood. That’s actually how I became a bookworm in the first place. Every day just before nap time my mother would read to me. The number of books I owned was limited but I was more than happy to hear her read and re-read perennial favourites like Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The White Deer, Rumpelstiltskin and many more.
2. Umm..not really. I am not much of an audio book lover. I find it hard to concentrate on the story with so much going on around me.
3. No, I don’t. Maybe if someday I have children I will read aloud to them.
It’s nice that you have such good memories of those pre-nap readings!
I don’t have a lot of memories of being read to–although I’m sure my mom did. Mostly I remember my aunt.
Here’s my whole answer: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-thru-thursday.html
Yes those were the best of times for me.