Book Chick City is hosting the Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge 2012 and as an avid reader of Mystery and Suspense books how could I resist signing up?
• Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 – 31 Dec 2012
• Rules: There are TWO LEVELS you can choose from:
– Read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2012
– Read TWENTY FOUR (24) mystery & suspense novels in 2012
• You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
• Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.
• You can choose from the numerous sub-genres of mystery and suspense, from cosy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or romantic suspense written by the likes of Linda Howard, forensic crime such as those written by Kathy Reichs and even paranormal/supernatural suspense such as Kelley Armstrong.
I have decided to try and read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2012.
I’m glad to have found this challenge! Hope to have fun with it!
Completed Books: 1. The Big Bow Mystery. Israel Zangwill.
2. The Hound of the Baskervilles. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
3. At the Villa Rose. A.E.W. Mason.
4. Behind That Curtain. Earl Derr Biggers.
5. The Thirteen Problems. Agatha Christie.
6. The Body in the Library. Agatha Christie.
7. 4.50 from Paddington. Agatha Christie.
8. In the Fog. Richard Harding Davis.
9. The After House. Mary Roberts Rinehart.
10. The Lodger. Marie Adelaide Belloc.
11. A Pocket Full of Rye. Agatha Christie.
12. The Old Man in the Corner. Baroness Orczy.