This week’s Booking Through Thursday asks several questions. Let’s get started:
1. What’s your favourite time of day to read?
Ans: When I travel to and fro from my workplace.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
Ans: No. I do eat breakfast but I am usually (barely) half awake at the time.
3. What’s your favourite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
Ans: Toast and egg white.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Ans: Anywhere from two to six hours.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
Ans: I definitely read less. 10 years ago, I would devour entire books without batting an eyelid but now it takes me about a week to finish one book.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
Ans: I used to be. Now, occasionally I do regain my old speed but most of the time I feel too distracted by other things to speed read anymore.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Ans: I wish I could read people’s minds. Understanding people is so hard at times!
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Ans: Yes. I carry two. So that in case I finish one I have a ‘back up’ book.
9. What KIND of book?
Ans: Any kind really. I prefer lighter books as they are easier to carry. Chunkier books are for home reading.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
Ans: Ten, I think.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
Ans: Oldest physical copies are I think 1965-66 editions of my dad’s books which are now in my possession. Longest in the collection I think is my copy of A Tale of Two Cities (if I disregard all of my childhood books that is). Oldest copyright? I have no idea!
12. Do you read in bed?
Ans: yes. I love to read in bed!
13. Do you write in your books?
Ans: No. Even if I do, I do it neatly with a pencil. Doodling or writing in books is a major no-no for me.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Ans: Read whatever you feel like. Don’t listen to anyone else’s opinion about what ‘you’ should be reading.
15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask? (Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!)
Ans: Oh boy! I can’t think of any. I am no good in things like this. 🙂
Great questions! Loved participating.
Good luck with acquiring mind-reading powers!
Thanks! I’ll need all the good luck I can get! 😉