I’ve been tagged by Rachael Madison of Moosubi Reviews for the Liebster Blog Award. A big thank you to Rachael for nominating me for this award! This is my first award and I am grateful to her.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules are:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Okay let’s start.
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. I like changing my hair colour quite often. Right now I am something called ‘Reddish Blonde’.
2. I bite my nails.
3. I can’t stand being hungry. I become irritable if I don’t eat as soon as I feel the hunger pangs.
4. Amy Winehouse’s Back in Black was the first album I ever bought.
5. I love listening to music from the 50’s and the 60’s!
6. I am addicted to DORITOS® Spicy Nacho Tortilla Chips!
7. The Smiths’ Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want is my all time favourite song.
8. Books do not make me cry but movies sometimes do. I cry my eyes out every time I watch Cinema Paradiso.
9. Christopher Nolan and Wong Kar-wai are two of my favourite directors. My favourites from Nolan are The Prestige and Inception. Favourites from Wong Kar-wai are Chungking Express and In the Mood for Love.
10. I like reading about the history of movies especially silent era movies and early talkies.
11. Seinfeld (missed the original run but got really hooked to the re-runs), That 70’s Show, Community, How I Met Your Mother and 30 Rock are some of my favourite comedy shows.
11 QUESTIONS FROM RACHAEL MADISON:
1. What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
An avid reader and owner of over 200 books, all paperbacks, hence the name A Paperback Life.
2. If you could have any superpower, what would yours be?
I’d like to be able to read people’s minds.
3. When do you usually read?
While travelling to and fro my workplace.
4. If you could go anywhere in time, when / where would you go?
I would go back to the year 1997 or 2000. My childhood really, when I was truly happy.
5. Name one song you always dance to.
Currently I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You by Black Kids. The tune is so catchy!
6. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life (ex. Bread, noodles, rice, etc.), what would you eat?
Bread, I guess.
7. What is one book you hated / can’t stand?
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
8. What’s the first word you think of when I say “pickle”?
The time SpongeBob SquarePants forgot to put pickles in the Krabby Patty and lost his confidence.
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. What’s your favorite fruit?
11. If you could be any magical creature (werewolf, vampire, unicorn, flying pig, etc.), which one would you be?
Any kind of creature that has the power of ‘shapeshifting’ would be fine for me.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE ONES I HAVE TAGGED:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Which is your all time favourite book?
3. What was your best read last year?
4. Are there any books you couldn’t finish?
5. A book you didn’t think you would love but did?
6. A book that disappointed you?
7. Who is your favourite fictional villain?
8. Do you have any favourite quotes from a book?
9. Do you have any favourite non-fiction book?
10. Are there any books that make you laugh?
11. What is your favourite movie?
BLOGGERS I HAVE TAGGED:
Unfortunately I could find only five bloggers with less than 200 followers. Even now I am totally not sure; some of the blogs I have tagged may have more followers. I could have added many, many blogs to my list but most of them have 200+ followers. I guess I could dig around and find more but I am kind of running short on time here so sorry about that. Hope it’s okay.
Thanks so much for the nomination! My answers are here if you want to check them out! 🙂
You’re welcome! You totally deserve this award. 🙂
Going to check out your answers now.
It’s funny, I never watched Seinfeld when it was on in prime time, but now I’m hooked on watching the reruns. I didn’t know what I was missing.
Fun Q & A.
Tossing It Out
‘Fun Q & A.’
I was too young during Seinfeld‘s original run but now as an adult I love it! Newman has become one of my favourite TV show characters ever!